Sunday, April 22, 2007

Video Post Extravaganza

I just discovered this web site called You Tube where anyone can upload videos -- from music videos to commercials to old TV shows to sports highlights to home movies -- you name it, and it's probably on You Tube.

It's pretty cool, and I would encourage you all to go check it out sometime. I can easily see it becoming the next big thing on the World Wide Web.

I can tell you right now that I'm on board for sure. I've even started uploading some of my own movies. And the best part is, you can also post them to your blogs. Neat, huh? (If you didn't notice, that's what I did with "Requiem for a Soda" in the above post...)

For those of you wondering about the film fest results, "Requiem" won 1st place and the critics choice award at the Beaver Film Fest on Wednesday. And it won 2nd place at the Minnesota Regional Film Fest on Saturday. (You can see the winning video from Carleton here.)

Also at the Regional, "A.D.D.: A Dysfunctional Documentary" -- a fellow Bemidji film -- won the applause-o-meter critic's choice award, which is good because the film makes me giggle. Go watch it.

You can also see the latest Double Deuce flick on You Tube. I'm not sure if the Professor even knows this, but it was shown during the judging intermission at the Regional and earned a very favorable response. So go watch Seen as well.

Finally, I'm in the process of uploading a sizeable catalogue of Rainy Day and Video Boys productions to the You Tube. Here's what I have so far.

Enjoy.

2 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I can't believe I knew about utube before you did....I've been meaning to tell you about it! Gosh!

and for the record, Requiem should have won. !

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger midnight mama said...

Where can I see "Doing Anything"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home