Tuesday, January 23, 2007

2:10

What's up with your friend?

(It's been over a month since my last post, and that's the best I can do. I have to be honest with you - the energy I used to put into blogging is now being harnessed for bigger and better projects, such as maintaining a sizeable and varied paper boat fleet and becoming a 2,000 level pro on Wii Sports: tennis.

For instance, here's a recent argument I had with Michelle, while I was making a paper boat out of a page from TPE.

Michelle: Reinman, post more.

Me: No.

Then I left and played some Wii Sports by myself because your ranking doesn't go up if you play with friends. Or with Bennie.

I begin teaching again tomorrow. For the first assignment, I'm thinking of having my students each write a paragraph or two about something random - like Star Wars, or bees, or stupid conversations they've had about breakfast cereal.

In addition to assigning papers, it's also my job to talk about plagiarism. I'll start by saying that if they ever noticed one of their paragraphs online, say, on someone's blog, it's probably just a big coincidence and they should forget about it. Also they shouldn't be so nosy.

They also have to write a research paper. Most teachers let them choose just about any topic. I think I'm going to narrow it down a little, though. Actually I'm going to narrow it down quite a bit. In fact, they'll only be allowed to research one subject - potential blogging topics.

For me.

Because my blog is really important.

Also, you thought I'd forget about the closed parenthesis, didn't you?)

7 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger midnight mama said...

reinman, do you have time for any video projects these days? if you are interested in doing one, could you email me? i don't have your email address.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Reinman said...

Hey,

I don't think I have yours either.
I'm at aj_reini@yahoo.com

I'm interested to hear what you have in mind.

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle: sure, Reinman, take on more video projects and leave the rest of us to starve.

Reinman: what are you talking about, starve?

Michelle: you have no idea how many poor souls out there who rely on your comical wit and sharp insight to jump start our philosophical and intellectual ....uh....golly what's the word...

Reinman: I see what you mean. I'll blog more.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Reinman said...

No! Wait everybody! That wasn't me!

It was an imposter.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger JMS said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but you MUST see this.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2243176

I call it: "True heroics and MacGyver-like ingenuity against the threat of impending bee terror."

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Reinman said...

Oh my!

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

The swingset/mushroom cloud pic is my new desktop background.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaghgghghhhh!!!

give me your password and I'll blog for you!!!!!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home