Wednesday, April 12, 2006

2 films 2nite (and now my fingers are bleeding)

Leave it to the annual film fest to end the posting drought. The Beaver Film Fest (formerly known by its Apple name, "Sundance") is tonight at 7:00 in the Beaux Arts Ballroom.

I will have two films playing.

The first is a promo for Doing Anything. After long hours of agonizing debate, I decided not to make a trailer on the grounds that trailers are tough to make. Rather, I selected two brief clips to show (much like the late night talk show movie promo format). The clips, obviously, are not part of the competition.

My second film, Prelude, is in the competition. Here's a screenshot from it. (It's the same one I used before because I'm too lazy to grab another one.)


Those who attend the film fest will see a few small similarities between the clips for Doing Anything and the Rupert short. (The title Prelude was no accident.)

I'm feeling good about Prelude's chances to win this year, but then again, I feel that way every year about every film I'm even the slightest bit involved with. (I was outraged last year that the Starting Tomorrow trailer didn't come away with at least eight awards.)

But then, most years, I walk away with all my hopes and dreams crushed. I sit in a bitter circle with my friends, and we talk about how much we hate film festivals, and how we're going to sabotage the next one by submitting a hundred crappy movies -- movies like a guy watching a bowl of soup in the microwave for five minutes -- and then we all go cry ourselves to sleep.

Well, this year is different. This year, in mental preparation for the film fest, I have set my hopes so incredibly high, that there is no possible way they can be crushed.

Would be crushers would need, like, a thousand little step ladders to reach my hopes.

I'll see (some of) you tonight.

10 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Upon first entering the domain of the Doing Anything website, I was awed and amazed at the complexely interwoven title bar. The fact that my face graced its presence made my day an excellent one.

Brian

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Kathleen said...

Congrats on the Double Win tonight! Critics Choice and Best film... Prelude was so wonderful, I really enjoyed it.

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it HAD to be you.....it had to, had to....I yelled so loud

so did my kids

way to go, peter. I mean, Aaron.

:)

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, the guy with the finger up his nose was pretty good.....

but you had it hands down.

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like imagination, especially Aaron's. Yup. Movie was great. As I said, very imaginitive. Looks like you had fun thinking that one up. I have to say that the disparity between qualities of your movie and the others was quite dramatic.

good job Aaron.

Brian

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Jilb said...

You're a winner!

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to see a preview at XA on Tuesday, and I heard you won on Wednesday! CONGRATS! :) I laughed a lot.. (:

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Sweeeeeeeet! You were showered with iPods!

You won, right?

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

You a winner haha, you a winner haha.

tootles! :)

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger midnight mama said...

We're still watching and laughing. Over and over and over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home