Sunday, October 17, 2004

Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki

I just spent the last two hours writing on a wiki as part of a class assignment. For those of you who don't know, a wiki is a boring old page that nobody likes.

Ok, so I'm not a big wiki fan. If you really don't know, a wiki is a web-page that allows anyone to come in and edit, change, add, or delete the writing. Wikipedia is a classic example. Although, I really don't know if it's the best way of introducing you to the wiki world, because Wikipedia actually looks halfway decent--with pictures and colors and stuff.

Maybe I should show you my personal class wiki instead. It's really ugly, man. And it looks a lot closer to your typical wiki.

So, basically, a lot of people like wikis because they allow everyone's thoughts and opinions to be heard.

And I'll tell you what, that kind of crap would not stand here at You Never Can Tell with Bees.

I mean, imagine if this site were a wiki. That would mean that some hippie-beekeeper could come in and change everything I've written.

Instead of every other post saying something like, "Man, I really hate bees. Those stupid bees aren't good for anything. Plus they're idiots."

My posts would say things like, "Bees make honey. Honey makes me happy. Happy makes me crappy. Crappy is the type of guy I am."

Those last two lines are ones I would put in. But then the problem is, people would think I was talking about myself rather than that beekeeper pud.

Plus, after I wrote that, the dumpy beekeeper could come right back and change it from "Crappy is the type of guy I am," to "Everyone play Frisbee and adopt a bumble bee today."

Ugh. Now you know why I hate - to see cute little bees picked on by mean old hornets. Bees bees bees make buzzing buzzing noises. La la la la lumps in my oatmeal. Plus Special Edition Star Wars rules. Hey, everyone, check out my favorite actor.


2 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Lumps in my oatmeal"

Bert.....

Cool.

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is freaking hilarious. That's right, FREAKING. Keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home